THE ONE WITH WOOD EAR FUNGUS AND THE STORE ROOM INCIDENT

 


Why you have to write down and follow this list? HAHAHAHA

Looks like I have been blogging again. I am planning to do blog contents for every Saturday since I need stories to write. After all, the stay at home with different incidents provided me with interesting content to blog. So, not all I will talk about what happen except things that should be set as memories. No, I don't do personal stories and only focus on random stories and lifestyle advices, poem writings, opinions, blah blah blah.

Ok!

The funny story of the day which happens today. LOL

Last night during dinner, mom's temper got so high until affected our dinner time. (Long story....Zzz...) So, we all went silent until today...I, however refused to make things worst, just ignored and do my thing as usual. 

Today I woke up nearly 8.45am, heading downstairs for breakfast and I was looking for something to cook for lunch or maybe dinner. I saw some vegetables, carrots, chilis, onions, garlics and ginger. And then, I remembered mom did bought me wood ear fungus. (I want to learn some Chinese vegetable dishes.) So, I wrote a list of it (the first photo above), penned down all the things I need for healthy food servings. Apparently, me and my two office colleagues (Sin Yan and Chiew Ee) talked about healthy meals and the ideal of eating good products with less sugar. Since we are aging, we should be aware of less for sugary food and more to protein, fibre, calcium, potassium food. 

One of my tiny mission is to make a nice salad with my own salad dressing, but selalu tak jadi because of the Djorn Mustard. Selalu tak dapat cari...Don't know why...😒 But then, the substitute is the Kewpie dressing so I guess is resolved.

About this morning...I went down to the kitchen while making breakfast, I scrolled a recipe of Chinese Cabbage dish via Youtube. It contained wood ear fungus and the rest of simple ingredients such as garlic, chillis blah blah blah. Interested to give it a try, I race to the fridge searching for the ingredients immediately. After I pulled out the rest, I saw a  small square Tupperware contained something that looks like wood ear fungus, but is brown in colour. (Mind you, I am not good in the names of the ingredients as I am still learning everyday.) Google dulu to avoid "nanti mama marah", I was 100% confident that that thing is the fungus. According to the video I watched, it said to rinse in water for 4 hours before frying. So I took the initiative to rinse it in a bowl while waiting, I fried my fish first. 

A few second then, having an instinct that I might be walking on the thin ice with mum soon. I walk back to the tupperware and take a deep stare at the fungus. I took one and sniff, noticed it smell like "asam". SHIT. But then, I take a look at the Google Images again (Eh, why brown colour, but some are black colour ahh) OMG. DIE LIAO....GG.com 😱

I asked Mel to look at it as well and she said why you use this? This is asam lah, bonggok. 😑 I'm dumbfounded and at the same time freak out. (Why I feel like poyo je today...hahaha) Out of sudden, mum came down and she looked at what I'm up to. I told and apologise to her that I accidentally rinsed the asam thinking it was the wood ear fungus. And then....She laugh. 😭 OMG, I was so scared if she's mad at me using her kitchen ingredients. LMAO  Thank God. Ya Ampun. 






So much difference wei.... I know is my first time using the fungus. Normally it was seen on Chinese vegetable dishes, like cabbages. Now...I know what it looks like and it smells like. Bonggok lah Tasya ni. 😆

Second story:

It was around second week of January, I believed is on weekend...Emmm. It was nothing much for me to say except Momo here. She was stucked in the store room for hours. YA, for almost 7 hours!!! From morning until dinner hour. All of us can't find her after lunch, as it was supposed to be her lunch time. We feed our cats like human schedule. And they slept like our schedule as well. Macam human kan. HAHAHA...Another thing is, until now we do not know how this feline got in and who open the door. Nobody admit and nobody dare to say. I guess termalu la kot. Kesian this baby girl, stuck in the store room for hours without food and water. BUT, poop and pee all over after Mel discovered her. In fact, I am the last person discovered her resting in front of the house gate and peeping the outdoor. Her pleading eyes with a sad expression. Alololo....😭😹 I pet her for a few minutes to calm her down before I call it a day.

 
Aww poor Momo baby girl. I wonder how she breath in the store room? Bahang kot dalam bilik tu.😓





Comments