THE ONE WITH THE OLD JUNKS & FUGLY EARRINGS





The thought of clearing my own space has come to my mind yet I haven't really officially start to clean and declutter what exactly need to be thrown out. Through out the whole week, I have spend more time on brainstorming. Lot of things need to be done but one thing I can do is to start clearing out the old junks. Cleaning is the thing to get rid of the stuff you hoarded for a decade. Mary Kondo's spark joy might work on you, but not me. HAHAHAHAHAHA

As a jewelry collector (mostly all girls lah, not only me okay *roll eyes) , I collected lots of fashion statements and adored weird chunky types of jewelry. Not really a fanatic maniac kind but more to expression via fashion. My sister, Mel is good with Styling unlike a human potato like me, Jewelry. *lmao I wear weird and colourful jewelry to my desk and don't even fucking care of what people will think. (Now not anymore as I developed new preferences of style.)

As I stood on my bed, staring at the divider next to my closet where most of my jewelries were kept and arranged, fantasised about how beautifully they once were. With each of it, curated with various designs and patterns. Some are perfectly glued with shining bead stones and some are hand-made with love. Although most materials are made of alloy or gold plated, it is never wrong to dress ordinary style that can take to the next level of captivating glances of public. Here, I finally realise how much I have spend on fashion statement accessories. (Never a shopaholic, but just a craze, weird and trending accessories.) I'd closed my eyes, smiled vividly, thinking how far have I been on enjoying this journey of being a youth. Once a few months, I would dress normal with weird statement necklace, matched with my other type of earrings. I don't overdress, as long as it goes along well with my ootd and comfortable to move around the work space.  And now, as an adult close to an unacceptable age possible in a few decades later, I decided to waste it on me. Not waste things on me, but waste the new things on me. I am so glad to developed simple habits that can make my day and I have induce my self in a state of mind that will mean something very different. One of my close friend said, I am a calm and chill person and I agree because I take things slowly and open to perspectives and advices. 

Is time to declutter girl! - my own thought. I pushed away my fluffy blanket and take a deep breath, walking towards my closet and reaching out few boxes of oddly chunky accessories. One by one I open each boxes and take this perfect timing to clean up. Before this thing happen, I have decided to take a break from everything that blinks. But still, I have limits and boundaries...even makeup as well. (Saying good byes to all old makeup soon because 'dah tak berkenan'.) So many good byes especially to your previous favourite things, but is ok. I loath rushing things because what is the point of rushing when you have no chance to flipped the bed right? When the time is here then the time will come. If you rushing to arrange things while you were at your own other side of rough time, you won't get a chance to settle it. You probably fed up and mess up your mind thinking this ain't going to happen.

What about you? Do you think you have the time to do all these declutter & cleaning thing? It took me months to do all these, as I'm a procrastinator. HAHAHAHAHA Oops I laugh too much.... Excuse me...
Anyway, declutter is important and a practice of self-care because it helps you to take control of your personal space to improve on your life well-being. Is time to have less with simple habits to maintain a clutter-free personal space. I already reach the highest point of not getting any Sephora's new cosmetic product release. My face is tired with all the colourful pixie shiny dust and light brown chocolate cake with pink icing. I have to say, Bye Bye to all of it.



Comments