THE ONE WITH THE GREENERY POT IN THE ROOM

 


Location: The garden
Restaurant: Mom’s Kitchen
Others: my secret hidden place

The same old thing where I’m at. While I was writing this, I was having assumptions about a few things that caught up on my mind. Not the stress feeling but is more to other things. I want to explore more about things that related to life. Something what the current trend is going on like growing green plants. I’m serious and even this sounds cliché or a bore, there are millions of young people like me started to do all the home-planting.  These all sound so ‘Mak Cik – Mak Cik’ style, but is actually not a bad hobby after all.


Studies shows that growing plants help to improve our mental health. We put the greens at home and just take a look at it. We feel happy when there is greenery at home. Watching plants makes you thinking about outdoors like country-sides, parks, mountains anywhere near the lakes with freshly green plants around. Plant symbolise peaceful and serenity. All they do is not caring about your busy daily grinds and they only sit there and grow in front of you. Plants also helps you to feel home. 


The green leaves and the scent of the plant taking back your nostalgic moments of living at your home sweet home. You might be outstation or living at your rental place or your newly development (which somehow may still feel new), but there is always at least a time you want to feel home. You want to be at your comfortable moment where you can deeply stare at your plant and feel happy to see it. Plant helps to get rid of the anxious and stressful at work. If you add color to your workspace or your home, it gives you boost the mental mind and improve your productivity. I still can’t believe there are such benefits of growing green plants at your place or at work.


Even influencers started to do it and also Joonie of Bangtan grew his own plant and named it. My point is where can I start all this? I have 2 furbabies whom are naughty like kids, and will definitely get my plant ruin once their paws step in to the pots, baking their smelliest chocolate cake ever! 


Talking about this, reminds me about the movie 13 Going on 30, Jenna Rink proposed to bring “life” back to fashion magazines to awake the youth. I like the idea of bringing the un-stress moment back where we could stroll all the way freely, sightseeing and enjoy the scenery. Covid-19 really isn’t a joke and while this shit happened. I bet most of us right now are listing the things they want to do when Covid-19 is really gone for sure. Emmmmm…Please don't tell me if is like the Spanish Flu that had lasted for 2.5 years? Please go away Covid-19. Bring back ‘life’ to our earth.





Comments