Dangle Blinks


Earrings: H&M

I always want to wear the most beautiful earrings that could meet my satisfaction and complement my look.

When I was a kid, my mom help me to create my own earrings by using 2 brown rubber bands and attached with the keychains. Once done, she would hang it behind my earlobes and the keychain facing the front. This make me look like, I'm wearing a big earring.

I started to discover earrings when I got my first ear piercing as a child. 

On weekends alternately, my parents would walked me out to the mall that filled with hundreds of clothes, shoes, beauty, apparels and more. Everything was beyond colourful despite how expensive each items were and I saw many ladies wear big earrings. Even in Hong Kong dramas and movies, their earrings are so obvious, beautifully shaped and matched their ups and downs. 

Although their hair style kind off bushy and bouncy, their earrings are dying to have for!  Even their heels and bags are off trend! I like vintage fashion as well. It does bring back the old fashion era. In my childhood, I only know Olay skincare, SKII Whitening, Avon Makeup and Amway. Drugstores makeup were not even born by that time and it was hard to find affordable makeup unless you could easily identify the non-genuine products. 

Earrings are unique, a fashion element that sparkles your look.

I started to love earrings since then.

To me, it was one of a fashion element that every ladies couldn't leave without and every ladies needs it to complement their style. Who wear nice clothes and heels but without accessory to an occasion?
In fact, I believe that in the past, there's are lack of fashion accessory for young teenagers to buy. Because by that time only, branded stuff are available hence costly. 


A little history of earrings that I have read,

Back in the ancient times, predominantly ear + rings were recognise as "male ornament." If you happen to watch the ancient stories/war movies, and those who wearing a silver ring on their ears are one that make them feel dominant. 

In 7000 years ago, Egyptians and Assyrians wore earrings, symbolise as being "upper class" from the majorities. However, in Rome and Greece, The people (ladies) wore earrings with pearls to display as their social status. In China, old ladies especially the wealthiest wore pearl earrings and necklace set signifies as "upper class". If you watch the cantonese dramas, you'll notice how their actress portray as "born in a silver spoon" character.


I did not know anything or how earrings started from. But it was interesting to know that it comes from the male fellas in the ancient history. 

As for the middle age in Europe, only the main protagonist (in dramas or movies) wear earrings just like pirates, thieves characters. Traditional earrings wear by the Chinese empresses, imperial concubines and princesses wear them differently in Ancient China. Looking back at the Han Dynasty or any kind of era, their earrings may categories based on living status, such as the royal symbol.


In today's generation, earrings are used by us ladies. The purpose of wearing earrings is to complementing the shape of our face. There are several types of earrings, hoops suitable for round face, hooks and studs. These are my favourite earrings as I intend to wear on occasions and also working hours. Earrings that are long and large are a good match with small face features. Some large earrings don't require other accessories to finish the look. We don't wear large earrings with large necklace to match with an outfit. It looks totally awkward if you put everything too big and heavy on you.

Dainty accessories are the current trend and it looks good with anything simple and nice. You can just put on a con dress to match with a dainty necklace and gold studs earring with a brunette makeover look. Young teenage girls can afford fashion jewelry to match their look. Statement necklace are good examples. Is a great match to put on everything that are easy to carry and also complement your ootd.

If you are considering something more genuine and heavy, you may look on its good according to its quality, material and craftsmanship. Perhaps, Pandora and Tiffany & Co. are samples of fashion jewelry make out of precious stones, jed, diamonds, beads and metals ie Silver gold, Gold and Rose gold.

Fashion element is the most vital tangible that could create a fashion look signifies us - "the look".






Comments