Makeups Down and I'm in the Dumps


Remember the previous post I'm posting about my corporate event? Yup the Annual Dinner? Actually there is a hidden story behind on it.

I was down in the dumps when everything went unsmooth while dressing up for the event.

On Saturday afternoon, I was supposed to have a long 2 hours nap so that I don't want to yawn the entire event while carrying my lens.

However, the loud noises from the vacuum and mop came through me, end up I'm staying all up the entire afternoon online. This leave me no choice as I kept on look at the time through my phone. (I don't have an alarm clock like the Americans).

As hours goes by, I started to feel funny and uneasy. SHIT.

This is not good.

I know that I can sense with my own instincts that this is going to be a disaster.

I walk to the bathroom, take shower and put on singlet and short for makeup preparations. As the time goes by, I started to figure out which eyeshadow I have mix and blend together to make it exactly the same like the one I pre-photoshoot for samples. 

However....

With 3-4 colours I have blended, I ended up look like a ghost. I laughed but deep down I was anxious and nervous. Even by looking at the mirror, I don't see myself as a Chinese dress in Indian. When I starred at the mirror, I look at myself. NOPE NOPE NOPE. I look like a dead racoon.


What do you think the next thing to do? I have to wipe my eyeshadows away and reapply the foundation, primers, face powder to cover up the bare pale face.
This is time consuming and also I sweat a lot because I know I will be late.

After the cover ups by the nude colours, I decided to give my sister a chance to create an eyeshadow colours for me.

She eventually steps out and gave me a hand to fulfil my makeup goal. And guess what, she did it by simply applying the basic colours, blending and highlights as an additional sparkle on the face.

Is not like I suck on it, it's just that when you get nervous you are not yourself.

Eventually you end up hopeless and my mind went blank.

I was thrilled to bits at first. But, now I am back to normal state.


Due to the epic failed eyeshadow makeup, I arrived late to the event.

Apparently when I arrived to the ballroom, I knew that everything is already done and also I fail to help my team. I knew they disappointed on me but what can I do with all this mess up happen? I somehow failed to express on what exactly happen because apparently, everybody is busy doing their own thing. So, I got no choice and just stick to the registration counter alone.


---------
-------
----
--

The next thing is, as I was helping at the registration counter. I noticed that something is missing. 

OH MY GOD! - it was my gold scarf for my dress.

How can I forgot that piece since it was a whole set together with the dress and inners. I was so furious and also regret that I am not going to get that back because dad was the one drove me to the event.

My parameter of stress slowly rises up to 60% as I was about to blow out.

But, seeing other people enjoying their days distracted my happiness as well. I was once again down with the dumps with disappointment. 

What a weird Saturday night happen ehh? - Moody Mertile? Pfft.

As time goes on, I was suppose to take photos around the table but my whole body was in pain and I hardly to go out because I was super exhausting. (No 2 hours nap before the event gave me anger.)

So...for the entire event, I managed to take photos of the food and some friends. (I was involved with the lucky draw during the price giving contest.) Not very much but still a disappointment of failed to achieve my goal. 


I question myself, is not like I'm having a bad year, but it's just a bad day.

Am I right?


FYI, I don't mind anymore. Because SHITS happen.






  





Comments