T.H.E. L.I.T.T.L.E. T.H.I.N.G.S.

Nowadays, saying "Thank You/ You're so Helpful or That's very kind of you" are somewhat self-regulating. And why?? Well...We say thank you everyday to people when we open the door, when we detect a small stain on a person's top, when you saw the baby's tiny shoe drop from her/his leg while the mom/dad carrying their child. We often use "Thank You" everyday = mainstream.

However, since this phrases expressing your gratitude has been overused, which somehow begin to lose its significance. People nowadays are rushing in every second and not to miss another chance by getting left behind, which leads to neglect. Rushing while neglecting in morals. Morals people.

Why don't we just put a side of our "stress/anxiety and depression" away from our head? Why don't we just go out from your "hell" and look for a nice and cozy place, sit down, pick your bites and sips of your choice of beverage and take a deep breath while enjoy it? Maybe...It's hard to find the right time. Yeah..It's true. Looking at your daily grind from your thinking machine everyday is unhealthy.

Did you guys know that there's a plenty of studies show that practicing gratitude makes you/us humans "more healthier and happier"? I mean if you kept on living in a world of yours full of negativism, would you be happy to proceed other of your goal list to be achieve? I don't think so.

Why we no longer express gratitude? - Rude / Egoistic and neglect exist within our life. 


My story:
Just so happen on typical weekdays, where everybody is rushing to dine in restaurant to have their lunch. I on the other hand, heading towards KFC as to lessen down my carbs (diet moon turn on.) and just to indulge one of my favourite set meal instead. I understand KFC is fattening but only once a while. I hate to dine out during weekdays because I have no much time to entertain people except my food. I prefer to take a short nap or reading my favourite collections.

While waiting for the food to be serve, I just take that chance to look around the fast food outlet. Not many people as a usual Wednesday, but somehow food is where people chasing during lunch hour. I spend about 35 minutes to enjoy my set meal while sipping the gas drink and so happen to seat near the food waste station. While enjoying my meal, I noticed there are some number of tables with left-over trays that smudge with the used-serviettes piles up. Not even a person, trying to make them self useful or helpful. But this is not practice in this country except overseas. 

As I finish munching and sipping, I carry my food and trash away in the food waste station without thinking to left it on the table. Because the food waste station is just less than 5 minutes walk to reach there. Hence, it was bloody near and easy for customers to throw their food wastage. I noticed the cleaning staff of the day is a young lady. So, I feel this is easy for me and her too. 

When I head towards the sink to wash up, the young lady cleaning the table, come towards me just to thank me for helping her up. I just reply with a warm simple smile and nodded. I feel better when I see the young lady thank me for that little gesture. It feels like you make something good on your day. Little things and gesture whenever you do for a person, they acknowledge your kindness and gratitude.

*
**
***

Furthermore, to quickly increase the level of 'happiness', we should start to think of what and how far have you been, if it weren't from someone else. You might unable to get what you want, like a hairdo. However, when a friend of yours approach you and recommended a good selection of hair salons. This make it effective and how efficient is your friend to you. Not everyone has the time to help around but if they do it intentionally, then it really mean they want to be useful. At times, we must learn how to appreciate people no matter how small or little gesture they did for us. You/We shall stop and appreciate people, things and happenings that makes you feel better about those things.

Writing down simple meaningful sentences/ texts to your friend is a good start. You can send a thank you message and thank them/your friends for letting a hand in your projects/assignments. Thanks to people for a lovely chat while promoting products that you are looking for. Thanks to your colleague for being so great to work with. "Thank You" has been use everyday in each seconds, so we should grab that opportunity to hold it and see through it. It not just make you better, increase the level of happiness, but it boost meaningful relationship between you and other people as well.


We should practice this in public often. It feels like your day is filled with the colour yellow in colour psychology. Thank You for reading this. 



Comments